Hey there, I'm Ralph Daniel Sasse, the pastor at Calgary Community Church. I'm so excited to lead this fantastic community.
I believe that church should be a place where everyone feels welcome and loved, no matter where they're at in their journey. So whether you're a lifelong churchgoer or just exploring faith for the first time, I'm here to walk alongside you and support you in any way I can.
A little about me: I love walking in the neighbourhood here in Montgomery/Bowness, reading, and spending time with my wife Claudia, our daughter Caroline and Freddie, our family dog. I'm also a big fan of coffee, so if you see me hanging out at the local coffee shop, feel free to come and say hi and join me for a chat.
But most importantly, I'm here to serve you and help you deepen your relationship with God. Whether that's through preaching, teaching, counselling, or just being a listening ear, I'm here for you. So please don't hesitate to reach out and say hello - I can't wait to get to know you!
Our Weekend Service happens on Sunday Mornings at 10:30. We have a come as you are atmosphere with a small church feel! You will NOT be singled out and made to stand in front of everyone. However, we like to greet one another during our time together where you can join or choose not to.
Our balcony is a designated area for those who want to continue social distance and prefer to wear a mask during the service. You are welcome to sit there for the entire service.
When you come, you are our guest! This means you can dress as you want, grab a cup of coffee, sit wherever you are comfortable, sit or stand, and participate however you like!
Also, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us!
What we believe
- The Scriptures are true, authoritative and sufficient.
- There is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- All things exist for the glory of God.
- All humanity—Christ excluded—is sinful by both birth and action.
- The deserved penalty for sin is physical and spiritual death.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
- Jesus Christ died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin.
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day physically return.
- there will be a future physical resurrection of the dead. Only those who turn from sin and to Jesus in faith and repentance will be raised to eternal reward. Those who do not turn from sin and to Jesus will be raised to eternal punishment.
- Only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit that we see exercised in the Scriptures have not ceased with the death of the last Apostle or the closing of the New Testament canon. They are available today and are to be eagerly desired and practiced in submission to the Spirit speaking through the Scripture.
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me to add your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
What to wear:
We are casual around here. You will see jeans, shorts, dresses, and business casual attire. So, wear something comfortable and join us.
There is plenty of parking available in our parking lot. We also have street parking available all around the church with handicap parking located near the entrance of our church building.
Our Weekend Service happens on Sunday Mornings at 10:30. We have a come as you are atmosphere with a small church feel! We encourage you to check us out and to come more then once!
Every Sunday at 10:30am
Calgary Community Church
5136 -17 Ave. NW