Pastor and Mrs. Steve Brooks arrived in Calgary, Alberta, on April 2, 1968. They joined Bill Brown who had been here for a year. Steve immediately found work and started house meetings at 28th Ave NW. Steve became a very successful businessperson and built a new house in Dalhousie. He merged two bedrooms into one and continued with the house meeting. The group expanded and we had to look for more space so we rented the Varsity Community Hall for Sunday Services. The midweek services continued to be held in the homes. During these years Manfred and Hanna Fell, and Horst and Brigitte Bultmann came to Calgary among many others.
The numbers continued to grow and we heard of a church building for sale.It was built in 1956 and seated about one hundred. At first we rented it and after a year or so, we made an offer to purchase it. The offer was accepted and we came to own what is now the Calgary Community Church. It has had various renovations down through the years but serves our community well.
Over the years, we have remained small, but God has blessed, with some going into full time ministry. Other pastors have ministered to us and we have been enriched through their service as guest speakers. Four decades have come and gone. Our combined testimony as a church is, “Thus far, has the Lord helped us.” 1 Samuel 7-12